If for some reason you are unable to login to your Joomla Administrator area, you can use the method provided here to circumvent and gain access back to Joomla administration by changing the Password or even the Username of any User Account. Learn how to reset Joomla Administrator Password.
Reset Joomla Administrator Password
- From your hosting control panel, open phpMyAdmin and log in.
- Select your Joomla Database.
- Find and open the Users table.
- Click the edit button for the user that you want to change or reset the password and username.
- Click on the arrow button next to the password filed and select MD5.
- On the password field, delete and the existing characters and enter your new password.
- You can also change the username if necessary or leave it as it is. Either way, try to remember it.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click Go.
Now you can try logging in to the back-end once again. So that is how we reset the Joomla Administrator password using phpMyAdmin.
You may also like: